Latest News

Dear, Michael : One Year Later

It has been one long year without you Mr. Michael Joseph Jackson. Other than legally representing your mother to protect your legacy and her rights, I haven't said much; haven't listened to your songs except the inescapable ones that play as I pass by; and haven't looked at the films and documentaries based on your life. My silence and pause is largely based on my respect for you and the personal pain I have towards your final days and how you passed away. That was not it, Michael. Many who profess to know you have taken the opportunity to exploit your name, image, likeness and family. Some may have good intentions. Others not. Whatever the case, we know that you were in pain yet your life remains one of extraordinary depth and achievement. Hence, I prefer to allow your masterful work and love speak for itself and live forever.

As I said before, there are many superlatives to describe your life and times -- icon, legend, innovator, humanitarian, king of pop, greatest ever -- indeed, dozens of deserving terms to describe how, in your brief life, you managed to both heal and change the world with your music. Despite the many global awards, accolades and honors bestowed upon you, a few descriptive terms escape mention. Accordingly, I restate and share some of these other characteristics for those who never met you or never had a chance to really know you personally -- father, friend, human rights activist, lover, perfectionist, world leader, freedom fighter, and man who loved to have fun. On June 25th 2009, the world lost your physical presence but we will never lose the special wonders of your contributions on earth which shall live forever.
Thank you again for all you have given the world. I miss you and will remember those special times we shared. During some of those times, you would ask me to help protect your family and legacy. I have done my part, and there are millions of people around the world who also love you and will never forget you and your works.
We love you and you will live forever....
Peace to the King!
— L. Londell McMillan


Tags:

About author

Curabitur at est vel odio aliquam fermentum in vel tortor. Aliquam eget laoreet metus. Quisque auctor dolor fermentum nisi imperdiet vel placerat purus convallis.

0 comments

Leave a Reply